California Business Formation
CALIFORNIA SECRETARY OF STATE BUSINESS FORMATIONS AND FILINGS
Legalese Attorney Service, LLC, files business documents with California Secretary of State for Corporations, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), Limited Partnerships (LP) and General Partnerships (GP). Legalese Attorney Service, LLC also researches and files with the Uniform Commercial Code Division.
The formation of business entities of different forms such as, Corporations, (Inc.) Limited Partnerships (LP), and Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), General Partnerships (GP), are fundamental to businesses for tax, liability and longevity reasons. Attorneys, accountants and those in other professions need to form, modify, and dissolve legal entities as a matter of business. As businesses grow or change, it is sometimes desirable to modify the structure to maintain appropriate status in interfacing with the pertinent market. Also, frequently, as businesses branch out, they are wise to form subsidiary entities that directly address the markets they serve.
Legalese has been assisting attorneys and CPA’s for over 40 years. We have loyal long-standing clients who have relied on and trusted in our services for decades. Their continued patronage and loyalty are proof – Legalese makes the difference.
Change and growth are constant in any industry. As many courts have gone to online filing the California Secretary of State has also moved to online services. Filings and requests may be submitted in person; however, the process of submission and processing has changed. Please see the Service Options for Business Entities below.
Service Options – Business Entities
Service Options :: California Secretary of State
Online: Fastest Service is provided online at bizfileOnline.sos.ca.gov including 24-hour Expedite ($350) and Same Day Expedite ($750). Online services include all filings for Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Cooperatives, Name Reservations, Foreign Name Reservations, Unincorporated Common Interest Developments, and Out of State Associations including initial filings, statements of information, amendments, terminations, mergers and conversions. Certificates of Status and Certified Copies are available online at bizfileOnline.sos.ca.gov.
Drop-Off Service (Special Handling Service): A request dropped off in person in Sacramento, 1500 11th Street, Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM except State holidays will receive priority processing over requests submitted by mail. Drop-off requests must include a separate, non–refundable special handling fee for each request. Note: There is no special handling service available to file a statement of information.
- $15 special handling fee is applicable for each filing request.
- $10 special handling fee is applicable for each name reservation and copy (order) request.
Note: Special handling fees are in addition to applicable filing fees, reservation fees, or order fees. Special handling fees are retained whether requests are approved or rejected. The special handling fee does not apply to Statements of Information, Statements by Common Interest Development Association, or any request submitted online or by mail.
Preclearance Services A customer may submit a business entity document for preclearance prior to an intended filing date, requesting completion of preclearance within 24 hours.
- (Temporarily Suspended) 24–Hour Preclearance Service – $500.00: Drop Off Only in Sacramento. A customer may submit a business entity document for preclearance prior to an intended filing date, requesting completion of preclearance within 24 hours. Preclearance response guaranteed within 24 hours (e.g., submitted Monday at 9:00 a.m., preclearance response available Tuesday by 9:00 a.m.).
Expedite Services A customer may submit a business entity document for expedited filing, requesting completion in one of three of the above-specified time frames.
- 24–Hour Filing Service (Class C) – $350.00: Online Only. Filing response guaranteed electronically within 24 hours (e.g., submitted Wednesday at 11:00 a.m., filing confirmation or filing response available Thursday by 11:00 a.m.)
- Same Day Filing Service (Class B) – $750.00: Online Only. Filing response guaranteed by 4:00 p.m. the same day. Note: The document must be received online by the Secretary of State by 9:30 a.m., and a filing confirmation or filing response will be available online the same day by 4:00 p.m.
- (Temporarily Suspended) 4–Hour Filing Service (Class A) – $500.00: Drop Off Only in Sacramento. Filing response guaranteed within 4 hours (e.g., submitted Monday at 10:00 a.m., filing confirmation or filing response available Monday by 2:00 p.m.) Note: A document must be precleared and approved to be eligible for the 4-Hour Filing Service.
A document submitted to the Secretary of State for expedited filing will be reviewed and a filing response will be provided within the time frame requested, indicating whether the document has been filed or rejected. A document must be precleared and approved to be eligible for 4-Hour expedite service. If the document is rejected, the filing response will state the reason(s) for the rejection. A customer may request delivery of the filing confirmation or filing response by one of the following means: electronically or customer pick up.
See Preclearance Regulation; Expedite Regulation
For Assistance or questions:
Contact a Legalese Representative by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 453-2860.